Google

Friday, May 04, 2007

I Wish the Ticket Counter would follow the rules!!!

I get so perturbed at the airline ticket counters and the airlines in general. It seems as though no one can get their stories straight as far as interpretation of the ticketing rules. They make travel agents and the reservation center agents look like total idiots sometimes. It absolutely infuriates me when I call the airline, US Airways in this particular case, wanting to change the outbound to a later departure time on a nonrefundable ticket and they advise me that "standby at the airport" only applies if you're trying to standby at the airport for an earlier flight, not later than which you were previously ticketed on. So I play by the rules and reissue the passenger for a later flight that same day and it costs him an extra 300 bucks. He gets to the airport and apparently they've now told him that he could have done a standby instead!! What I explained to him was "Why would you want to risk standby on a Friday night from DC to Providence, RI?" I wish the airlines wouldn't be so restrictive on same day, outbound flight changes. I'm guessing that if he had the option to just pay the 100.00 change fee, he might have been more receptive to it and it certainly seems alot more fair to me too. These airlines need to lighten up and get their stories straight. Sure would help if all the airlines played by the same set of rules. Greed!!! It's all about friggin' greed!!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google