Google

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Norwegian Pearl - Dec 18-22nd, 2006


I had the opportunity to take a much needed vacation with my son, right before Christmas this past year. My co-worker had "won" a cruise from Norwegian Cruise Lines aboard their newest ship "The Norwegian Pearl". As you can see it's a very festive looking vessel and there were lots of activities on board for both young and old.

Chances are you'll treasure everything about Norwegian Pearl. She's brand new and full of exciting options, making your vacation just that - yours. Onboard, you'll find 12 unique places to eat and 11 exciting bars and lounges where you can just hang. There's even a bowling alley (a cruise industry first!) and rock climbing wall onboard. Head out to Alaska or the Caribbean and you'll choose from an impressive array of accommodations from the ultra luxurious Garden and Courtyard Villas to family-friendly connecting staterooms and suites. Finally, a vacation where you're free to whatever.

Norwegian Pearl Highlights

Check out the hip new Bliss Ultra Lounge: a bowling alley/sports bar/night club complex where you'll want to hang out.

Choose from Asian dishes at Lotus Garden, tapas at Mambos, French at Le Bistro, steak at Cagney's and so much more.

Our Courtyard Villas, located on exclusive Deck 14, share a private-access courtyard with pool, hot tub, exercise room, sundeck, cabanas, and more.

Two 4,390 square foot Garden Villas may entice you with three separate bedrooms, private garden with hot tub, and access to a private courtyard with pool.

Source

This was the second time I had ever cruised and I must say, I do like this new concept of "freestyle cruising".

The only bad thing about "freestyle cruising" which I was reminded of during my moments of sheer boredom, was the fact of being a single parent while cruising with a teenager was simply no fun for Mom. I did make the best of it and the cruise line did offer singles gatherings all the time, however there was no organization to the singles gatherings at all. They had singles dinners every night and singles mingles every evening as well, but the bad part of it was there was no way to know where the singles were gathered or if the people in the designated area were there for the singles mingle or just at the bar getting a beer. Initially I was excited about the singles gatherings, but was disappointed that it wasn't more organized.

My son and I did enjoy our stop at Key West. Spent way too much money, but enjoyed it anyway. Our second stop was in Cozumel, which I had never been to either. I wish we would have gone to either Tulum or X-Caret, but instead we went to a beach, where my son hung out with some friends and I ate and drank to my hearts content.

All and all, I enjoyed this ship and would recommend it to traveller's. Just don't go alone unless you enjoy being alone the entire time. That's my tip :-)


might have been renaissance cruises..........??????

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google