Google

Friday, February 16, 2007

Take the Overnight Train to Save Money

A good tip I found while perusing a travel talk forum was one which recommended saving on their hotel expenses in Europe by taking the "overnight trains". Buy a Eurail Pass and sleep in the 'all night' trains. The next part they said though, I felt was rather risky behavior. When the traveller arrived at the destination, he would walk into the nearest hotel to the train station, bag in hand, walking or taking the elevator to any of the upper floors. There would be maids in the halls with many rooms open and the beds stripped, but the bathroom had not yet been attended to. This guy would go into the room, saying to the maid that he would have to take a shower again, although he had 'already checked out', but got a bit sweaty loading the car. The maid would then reply with "No problem, Sir". The fellow got showered and went dowstairs to enjoy the free breakfast as well.

Dang, it all sounds so innocent doesn't it. I wonder what kind of trouble you'd get in for trying to do something like that and get caught. I know I would personally just have that look of guilt on my face. It never amazes me what people will do to save a buck :-)

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google