Google

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Debit memo's

How can a reservation be a duplicate booking when the airline doesn't even receive, nor does it EVER receive the original request. When we call the airlines and say, do you show this reservation, the answer is NO. OK, so in the past, I have had this happen before and what the airlines have usually said is, it should make it here eventually. Well, if it happens that I REQUIRE a record locator and the airlines WILL NOT rebook it for me, I am only left with one thing to do and that is to create a fresh PNR. Then, two months later, my agency gets a debit memo, indicating that I have these duplicate bookings and even after the passenger had travelled, still having access to the PNR, they STILL never sent back a record locator. AND, if I had generated a cancellation message on the "dead record" that goes into a manual queue which an agent from the airline would need to work. They would go in, find my second good reservation, even with e-tickets attached and cancel the ticketed itinerary out. Seems like we can't win for losing sometimes.

A day in the life.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google