Google

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

If they knew I was a travel agent............

I don't think she would have been as nice to me. :(

Just got off the phone with America West and didn't identify myself as a travel agent, led her to believe I was "just the traveller's secretary". I find that with some of the airlines, if I say I'm a travel agent, they immediately get an attitude, but if they think I'm not as knowledgeable as them, then they treat me wonderfully. It's such a silly little game and sometimes I have to play stupid in order to get them to help me out. Why is it they are so anti travel agent? I'm sure other travel agents don't enjoy their job as much as I do, so they're probably condescending and mean to the reservation agent when they need help. It's really kind of funny when I do say I'm a travel agent, they cop an attitude (mute me, hoping to get me to grumble) then they come back online and say "Excuse me" with an attitude. So I mute them and grumble some more. It's utterly ridiculous and so childish. I've been in this business for over 20 years and why they treat me like I'm going to be a difficult caller is beyond me because I'm not the type of person who calls up and demands things be done. You get a lot further in this world asking for help vs. demanding help. Geez and it's only 930am :-)

Luckily, I was able to get the guy a window seat (which I was NOT able to see on the seat chart), so all is well, but I just wonder, had she known I was a travel agent, would she have told me about the window seat so that I could continue to take good care of the customer.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google