Google

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Do the airlines appreciate travel agents?

I understand that the airlines feel the need to downsize and cut corners wherever they deem necessary, but geez, they don't pay commissions anymore and travel agents are still there best sales force as far as customer service goes, provided the travel agent is experienced and customer service oriented. They keep making our job more and more difficult. I appreciate the fact that the information is most likely more current, than having to rely on them to distribute and maintain the information on each of the different airline systems, but for instance, Northwest Airlines, (you'll need to log in via agency manager approval) doesn't even offer a "search" engine so that you can zoom to the information you're searching for in order to assist their customer. Sort of like their phone system which IF you're lucky and smart enough to let the computer think you don't have a "touch tone phone", you MIGHT, again I need to add, if you're lucky, get an experienced agent to actually help you out while the passenger is standing at the airport. I suppose things might be easier if they quit changing the bloomin' phone numbers and automated systems all the time. Never is a dull moment in the travel industry.

I can only speak for myself, but I love doing what I do and all of the folks I work with, love me too. I enjoy talking to the people and sure, there are some questions and requests that I get asked to do that I don't particularly enjoy, but I still approach the question with a smile and a "Let me see what I can find out for you".



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google