Google

Friday, February 17, 2006

Amtrak Crash Course

Today was my crash course on Amtrak in Northern California. All I can do is chuckle and so glad that I am a determined soul. I was basically surprised at how little is offered by Amtrak out there, especially for the major cities, but I understand there are probably lots of reasons why more track wasn't laid. I wonder if it has anything to do with the earthquake factor? Emeryville and Sacramento seem to be the most northern Amtrak cities in California. And if you don't drive to one of those cities, you pretty much have to take an Amtrak sponsored bus. So anyway, pretty boring day, except I do wonder what they do in Pocatello, ID I had a heck of a time getting flights into there. Could it be a 2 week long rodeo? Do they last that long? Oh my, you just had to be there lol



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google