Google

Friday, October 28, 2005

Should the agent have to pay

an agent error personally if they make a mistake? If the agent does
not "own" the travel agency, if they pay for the mistake, can they
claim that as a business expense on their taxes. A 700.00 or even
1000.00 ticketing error is a big chunk of change for a travel agent
to have to eat, because after the commission cuts happened, many
corporate travel agencies, now pay their agents based on how many
tickets they issue. Forunately, I don't make alot of errors
personally, but I'm human and have made the mistakes and our travel
agency requires that if the travel agent makes the mistake, then the
travel agent needs to be responsible for absorbing the cost. If it
were so simple as to asking the airline to refund a nonrefundable
ticket, but anymore these days, they truly don't care who has to
absorb the cost. The way I see it, is that the airlines can simply
sell another ticket. Why do they want to hurt the little guy? Why
can't the airlines just work with us, the travel agents. The good
ole days of waivers and refunds due to agent boo-boos are gone.
I don't expect the customer to eat a mistake I personally might
have made, but in this day and age, it's almost not worth it to
remain a travel agent and it's a darn shame because I believe I'm
an excellent travel agent and employee. The sad thing is, there
are lots of travel agents who just go to work to collect a check.
I mean, of course, that's why I work too, but I also really LOVE
doing what I do and I enjoy working with the customers that I
assist with their travel plans.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google